Today’s quote: “Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” -Mary Oliver
President: President Obama is on a three-day visit to Hanoi, Vietnam; the U.S. has lifted its arms embargo on Vietnam that was placed during the 1960’s. Both countries have agreed for stronger economic ties including the 12 nation Trans-Pacific-Partnership that is awaiting Congressional approvement. Vietnam puts in order for 100 Boeing 737 jets for Vietjet Air airline worth $11 billion; General Electric Wind will partner with the Vietnamese government to help develop more wind power.
Election 2016: Tomorrow is the Washington Republican primary where 44 delegates are available for the GOP candidate Donald Trump. The deadline to register to vote in California ends today, primary is going to be held June 7. If you wish to register online, the link will be listed below. Make sure you register to vote because every vote counts! http://registertovote.ca.gov/
Economy: Sports Authority has announced it will close 140 of its 463 stores on the west coast due to bankruptcy. The sports giant is rumoured to sell certain locations to Dick’s Sporting Goods; Sports Authority has struggled within recent years from online competition. Sports Authority closing sales are expected to began Friday and last through August. The companies initial plan is to close or sell 30% of its stores and focus on online sales.
U.S. Senate: Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) says “hell no” to Hillary Clinton from choosing a senator as Vice President from a Republican governor state. Reid told MSNBC… “If we have a Republican governor in any of those states, the answer is not only no but hell no. I would do whatever I can, and I think most of my Democratic colleagues here would say the same thing”.
Elected Officials: Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D-VA) is being investigated by the FBI and prosecutors from the Justice Department for campaign donations that might have violated the law. The governor has received $120,000 in donations from Wang Wenliang a Chinese businessman; foreign nationals are not allowed to donate in any American campings.
U.S.: Baltimore police officer Edward Nero is found not guilty for the death of Freddie Gray 25-year-old black man who died due to police injuries a week after his arrest, that lead to riots in Baltimore, M.D. Officer Edward Nero is one of six officers charged with the death of Gray’s death. Judge Barry Williams rules Nero is not “guilty of assault, reckless endangerment and misconduct in office, all misdemeanours”.
World: Austria has elected a new president, Alexander Van Der Bellen. After a tight presidential race Van Der Bellen won with 50.3% of the votes, leaving Nobert Hofer with 49.7% of the votes.
Entertainment: Netflix has announced that the company will be removing popular ‘90s Disney movies from its streaming service by the end of the month. Movies that will be removed include Hercules, Mulan and Hunchback of Notre Dame II.