Hillary Rodham Clinton
- born: October 26, 1947 (age 68) Chicago, Illionis
- First Lady: Jan 20, 1993- Jan 21, 2001
- U.S. Senator from New York: Jan 3, 2001- Jan 21, 2009
- 67th U.S. Secretary of State: Jan 21, 2009- Feb 1, 2013
Money raised by camping $288 million
Hillary on the nation's Issues
- Abortion- Defend women’s health and reproductive rights against attacks.
- Higher Education-Ensure no student has to borrow to pay for tuition, books, or fees to attend a four-year public college in their state. Enable Americans with existing student loan debt to refinance at current rates. Hold colleges and universities accountable for controlling costs and making tuition affordable.
- Immigration- Enact comprehensive immigration reform to create a pathway to citizenship, keep families together, and enable millions of workers to come out of the shadows. Defend President Obama’s executive actions to provide deportation relief for DREAMers and parents of Americans and lawful residents, and extend those actions to additional persons with sympathetic cases if Congress refuses to act. End family detention and close private immigrant detention centers.
- 2nd Amendment- Strengthen background checks and close dangerous loophole in the current system. Keep guns out of the hands of terrorist, domestic abusers, other violent criminals, and the several mentally ill.
- National security- Keep America safe and secure by defending our core values and leading with principle. Defeat ISIS and global terrorism and the ideologies that drive it. Strengthen our alliances and nurture new relationships to tackle shared challenges such as climate change, cyber threats, and highly contagious diseases.
Donald John Trump
- born: June 14, 1946 (age 70) Queens, New York
- Owner and Chairman of The Trump Organization
Money raised by camping $59.9 million
Trump on the nation's Issues
- Immigration- A nation without borders is not a nation. There must be a wall across the southern border. A nation without laws is not a nation. Laws passes in accordance with our Constiutional systems of government must be enforced. A nation that does not serve its own citizens is not a nation. Any immigration plan must imporve jobs, wages and security for all Americans.
- Taxes- 1.)Tax relief for middle class Americans: In order to achieve the American dream, let people keep more money in their pockets and increase after-tax wages. 2.)Simplify the tax code to reduce the headaches Americans face in preparing their taxes and let everyone keep more of their money. 3.)Grow the American economy by discouraging corporate inversions, adding a huge number of new jobs, and making America globally competitive again. 4.)Doesn’t add to our debt and deficit, which are already too large.
- 2nd Amendment- The Second Amerndment to our Constitution is clear. The right of people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period.
- Healthcare Reform- Work with Congress to make sure we have a series of reforms ready for implementation that follow free market principles and that will restore economic freedom and certainty to everyone in this country. By following free market principles and working together to create sound public policy that will broaden healthcare access, make healthcare more affordable and improve the quality of the care available to all Americans.
Gary Earl Johnson
- born: January 1, 1953 (age 63) Minot, North Dakota
- 29th Governor of New Mexico: Jan 1, 1995- Jan 1, 2003
Money raised by camping $348.7K
Johnson on the nation's Issues
- Taxes- believes the time has come to eliminate the punishing tax code we have today and replace it with a system that rewards productivity, investment and savings. The IRS as we know it today would no longer be necessary, and Americans would no longer need to live in fear of the force of government being wielded under the guise of tax collection.
- Immigration- Make it simpler and efficient to enter the U.S. legally will provide the greatest security possible, allowing law enforcement to focus its time and resources on the criminals and bad actors who are, in reality, a relatively small portion of those who are today entering the country illegally.
- Education- believes there is no role for the Federal Government in education. He would eliminate the federal Department of Education, and return control to the state and local levels. He opposes Common Core and any other attempts to impose national standards and requirements on local schools, believing the key to restoring education excellence in the U.S. lies in the innovation, freedom and flexibility that federal interference inherently discourages.
- Internet Freedom and Security- consistently opposes these attempts at government interference with the Internet, and as President, would return the government to the side of freedom and innovation — not regulation.
- Person Freedom- government should be truly limited — limited in the way the Founders envisioned. Responsible adults should be free to marry whom they want, arm themselves if they want, make their own decisions about their bodies, and lead their personal lives as they see fit — as long as no harm is done to others.